About the Club
Members will have access to:
- Frequent computer science talks on a diverse range of topics
- Educational workshops
- Social nights
- A wide network of other computer science students and graduates.
- We also run cooperative food and drink ventures and hold pubcrawls and BBQs throughout the year, and hold a pubcrawl each semester.
The club runs various competitions throughout the year offering members a chance to have fun and win prizes, these have included programming and video game competitions. The club also coordinates projects among club members, allowing members to gain valuable experience working on team projects - while also having fun.
Founded in 2008 with a large and active group of members, we are always willing to offer academic assistance or make new friends and all are welcome to join us for an exciting year in a fun, open and unique environment.
The Computer Science Club committee is made up of a group of students providing their service to the club either in an executive position or part of the general committee. They work together to manage the club's events, actions, and direction. The committee consists of the following members:
CS Club Slack
The Computer Science Club's Slack server is a friendly place to chat with current and past members.
Please keep these points in mind when in the server:
- Do not spam or flood the Slack with messages
- Please be civil. Discussion is fine, but vitriolic behaviour is not
- We do not condone any threats, humiliation, harassment or bullying towards another member
- Please mark NSFW posts as so
Failure to follow these rules may result in being kicked or banned from the server.
How do I become a member?You can register as a club member here. Fill out and submit the form.
How much does membership cost?Club membership costs $5. You can pay for membership at a club event or contact one of the commitee members. Currently we can only receive cash, apologies for any inconvenience.
Does the club have a Facebook page?Yes! We have a Facebook page where we post all club events and general discussions.
How can I contact the CS Club?